Welcome!

Hello! These are the musings of a small group of students that have met at the Master's College-an unlikely group of people who developed a fast friendship with one another. so pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and stay awhile and get to know us!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Preparation for another semester

Many of you throughout the next week will be traveling, such as I, and I would encourage you to think through this coming semester as it quickly approaches us. To pray through how to treat it, what to pursue during it, how to treat others throughout it. Everywhere you go, you really limit how much you get out of it by how much you put into it. Growth, friendship, maturity, fun, all of these are determined largely (not totally) by how much you invest in the intentional pursuit of them. So I would again encourage you, as I encourage myself, to consider and pray through how we can most glorify Christ, encourage each other, grow in maturity and knowledge all throughout this upcoming semester. It can only happen through prayer and intentionality on our parts, passive growth at TMC usually just means lack of anything at all.

You may not agree with me, but I bring it up as something to think about, to consider, and at the very least provoke you towards prayer. As well, if you are not able to be with us this semester (we misssss youuuuu!) I would encourage you to consider these things were you are at, as well as to encourage us remotely :P

Luke 19:11-27? Not sure if that applies, but still something to think about...(when I get back, I'll see what Jmac says about it, since he is the ultimate authority on everything ;) )

P.S.
I miss you all!!!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the reminder Weston! looking forward to this semester :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say, I couldn't agree more. I guess I was doing this closer to Thanksgiving, only I was thinking about coming back to Erie for a long time instead of a semester away from home. Master's is a lot easier of a place to try to prepare to go to. It's where all our friends (the Tribe!!) are; it's a place of spiritual encouragement from chapel and professors. But... Master's is, as we know, a bubble... and most of the time that is good. We need to be in a good kind of bubble every now and then. It encourages, prepares, and revitalizes us for the places that are deserts. So enjoy Master's, guys! I think it is truly one of the happiest places on earth :)

    ReplyDelete