I was encouraged to go out and evangelize with my friend from the seminary Matt Todd, even though it was mostly him sharing and me listening. This trip brought up many questions and insights into the area that we live - and even for the rest of the U.S....that it is mostly dead. Either people are comfortable in their Catholic church, don't want to hear anything about God, or simply think that they have done enough to earn their own salvation. It is truly disheartening to see, but also challenging me to ask how I am reaching out here and now into our communities, or is everything just related to the bubble in which I live? At the least I could be praying for the people, at the most actively involved in the community, any portion of the community, showing them Christian love and sharing with them the truth of the gospel. If I keep on saying that I will take care of it later, when I graduate, or depend on circumstances and events to drag me out of my little shell, it will never happen. So I guess that this is just to point this out, and to encourage you all to encourage me to step and be a light. To look for chances to reach out to people outside of my church and school. Also to encourage you to look outside at your own communities, or groups, and see how you might share the truth, be salt and light, show who Christ is, especially over the Summer. (Also, don't forget to be light into the lives of other believers, to encourage and continually bring things back to Christ, who is the greatest thing in our lives).
No comments:
Post a Comment