I was a complete idiot and messed my train ticket times up completely, choosing AM instead of PM. But its kind of funny, God used that experience to completely humble and bless me, all at once. It was humbling to realize that I could make that mistake, not double checking everything like I usually do. It was also an amazing blessing being able to talk with people at the bus stop I normally would not have, to go to the graduation (and subsequently cause us to get a little lost on the way home...), to hang out with friends, to talk with people I would normally not talk with who were graduating, and to generally be really blessed by those around me. God definitely knew what He was doing, even if I did not necessarily like it. I even got to meet a guy who was going on the same bus and train as I, who was from Master's! His name was Luke, but I forget his last name...He is going on Team Taiwan though, so I will see him when he comes back on campus. It was a blessing because I felt safe enough to sleep on the way home, which I apparently really needed. I guess the point is, God has reinforced the fact in my life that He is in charge of everything, and the creator of every good thing. Right now I am sitting in a train station in Fresno, waiting for my parents to pick me up and sitting next to a sweet man who only speaks Spanish. I am really wishing right now that I could speak Spanish....
(Written Saturday morning...waaay too early)
Sunday, May 15th
We finally made it to Washington after driving for nearly 12 hours, most of which I slept. Beautiful scenery, but the inside of my eyelids was far more beautiful at the time. It was really good to see my family though. But it is so hard here, being surrounded by the shadow of death, the constant memories of Bob, my grandfather. The reminder of death is everywhere, from the orbituaries to the news my grandmother is watching, to the toothpicks on the counter that Bob loved so much. It is so depressing, especially with the fact that the entire family here is completely in rejection of Christ, in a hateful way. They have so much less hope, and it hurts so much. Could you all please pray that I have the strength to love my family, to share with them, and to make it not about me. At a time like this there are so many questions as the reality of mortality is clearly impacting everyone...Please pray that I have wisdom regarding that.
The funeral service is tomorrow.
How did the trip home work out for the rest of you? Tell us if you made it home alive :D
Will be praying for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteahh... so you did get on the train. very glad you were able to make it to Washington.
ReplyDeleteLuke Wagner was the guy you met. I was in Daniel with him!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know about your grandfather. I'm sorry, Weston. Praying for you guys :(
Thank you Camille
ReplyDeleteAnd Luke Wagner...its official, there are too many Wagners at TMC :P He was a pretty cool guy.
-.- Well I can always leave if you want me to.
ReplyDeleteNaw, its fine, we'll kick one of the other ones out :P I think there are 4 that I know...(including first names)
ReplyDeleteActually, I think its pretty cool :D And its a cool name.